· West Fraser is a leading diversified forest products company, listed on the TSX and NYSE. Recognized for the eighth time as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, we are a growing company looking for talented people to be part of our team.
· There is an exciting 4 / 8 month co-op employment opportunity working in a West Fraser mill for an Engineering Student starting in May 2022.
· Are you interested in working for a company that offers both a challenging work environment and a rewarding career path? Our Grande Prairie OSB division has an opportunity for a:
· MECHANICAL ENGINEER, CO-OP
· The successful candidate will be working as a Mechanical Engineer Co-op Student and will participate in safety, production, maintenance and engineering programs as required. This may include assisting with other projects, troubleshooting, optimization and upgrades.
· The successful candidate will improve mill operation through the investigation of failures and proposal of improvements, analysis of data and historical information to develop optimal maintenance strategies, provide expertise in support of developing Reliability programs.
· Key Responsibilities include:
Problem solving mechanical and process issues
Gathering field data, analyzing the data and making conclusions
Assist with the redesign of machinery
Assist with larger reliability projects
Electronic equipment database development and construction
Equipment lubrication determination and calculations
Propose new projects or product trials
Optimize maintenance and inventory practices
Propose changes to internal maintenance and operational processes
Manage small projects and supervise contractors
· Qualifications & Experience:
Currently enrolled in a post-secondary Mechanical Engineering program with good grades (preference for 3rd or 4th Year student)
Students enrolled in a Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Technology with relevant work experience will be considered
Employment will range from 4 to 8 months in length
Strong work ethic and sound judgement
Reliable – with an attitude of ‘ownership’ to take a project and ‘cross the finish line’
Willing and eager to learn
Able to develop trusting work relationships quickly and effectively
Solid troubleshooting and analytical skills
Excellent verbal communication and technical writing skills
Microsoft Office suite with high-level proficiency in Excel
AutoCAD and/or SolidWorks experience is an asset
· You will learn:
Health & Safety awareness
Usage of business systems such as maintenance and purchasing systems
Working within a team environment
· West Fraser believes inclusive, diverse teams build a more vibrant workforce, safer operations, and a stronger company overall. We strive to create workplaces and leadership teams that are reflective of the diverse communities we are a part of. We will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, gender, national origin, or any other protected legal characteristic.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.ca.