We are looking for a student to support our mechanical designers for the HVAC valves and actuators department by updating existing or creating new 3D models/drawings. The student would also get exposure to new development projects and processes under the supervision of senior mechanical designers. He/She would take on lower complexity tasks in support to develop mechanical designs from concept through detailed drawings. He/She will also be required to assist in knowledge management activities in the department by documenting the processes, best practices, etc.
• Capable of developing schematics and models of individual components as well as complete assemblies
• Develop or revise 3D CAD models & 2D drawings of design specifications for mechanical components through common drafting standards
• Check drafts and ensure accuracy and completeness with department designers
• Use CAD programs to combine schematics and design data into accurate 3D models
• Analyze design documents and plans to verify dimensions and materials and coordinate with engineers to resolve any errors
• Assist engineers during initial planning by creating on-the-fly design sketches and models for analysis and modification
• Collaborate with engineers, production technicians and clients as necessary to identify design problems and develop effective solutions
• Set up new parts, manage drawing files, BOM by implementing changes through Engineering Change notices (ECN) process
• Contributes to the continual improvement and best practices of the engineering department.
This job might be for you if:
• DEC in Mechanical Engineering Technology or Bachelor’s degree in mechanical drafting, or CAD certification.
• 0-2 years of relevant work experience in an R&D environment.
• Proficient in Pro Engineer or SolidWorks, rapid prototyping software, SAP, GD&T is a must
• Basic understanding of product design and mechanical engineering principles
• Must be able to work well as part of a team and have good interpersonal skills to effectively liaise with design engineers and manufacturing personnel
• Strong verbal and written communications skills
• Self-driven, highly motivated and strong detail-oriented qualities are a must
• Basic understanding of HVAC, valves and/or actuators is a plus
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
Schneider Electric is leading the digital transformation of energy management and automation. Our technologies enable the world to use energy in a safe, efficient, and sustainable manner. We strive to promote a global economy that is both ecologically viable and highly productive.
€25.7bn global revenue
137 000+ employees in 100+ countries
45% of revenue from IoT
5% of revenue devoted for R&D
To apply for this job please visit careers.se.com.