Michelin North America (Canada) Inc.
For 130 years, Michelin has innovated to improve the mobility of people and goods. Today, we are setting the benchmark across every tire and travel-related services market, while leading a global strategy to drive sustainable, profitable growth.
Michelin North America (Canada) Inc., which employs over 3,500 people and operates three tire manufacturing facilities in Nova Scotia, is seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer to join its team in Waterville, Nova Scotia.
The Mechanical Design Engineer will support the manufacturing process and equipment by designing, specifying, purchasing and constructing mechanical assemblies. This position will include aspects of project management, technical specification, design, analysis, installation management, equipment start-up and manufacturing.
The successful candidate will be responsible for completing the mechanical design of large capital projects in support of the Plant Capital execution as well as provide Plant Technical support to enable the plant to meet its market, productivity, and quality goals. They will assist management with pre-studies to define the most effective solutions. They will also execute the mechanical design studies, follow procurement and fabrication of equipment, and lead the installation, commissioning, and start-up of the equipment in an industrial manufacturing environment.
Job responsibilities include:
· Developing detailed mechanical design packages for process equipment, including the definition of functional specifications and providing estimates and technical schedules for all phases of process equipment addition, replacement or upgrade;
· Providing technical expertise in the design, maintenance, modification and installation of equipment and machinery in the manufacturing process, including technical assistance for problem solving analysis;
· Collaborating with all levels of operations personnel and internal company support groups to accomplish objectives, and provide contract engineering management and direction when needed; and
· Participating in assigned major capital projects and/or modifications from start to finish, including equipment reception, commissioning, and acceptance.
Requirements for this position include:
· A Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/Mechatronics Engineering, or a Mechanical Engineering Technology diploma, or equivalent; and
· Experience in the mechanical design of complex multi-part assemblies and previous exposure to pneumatic control systems.
The following assets are preferred, but not required:
· Previous SolidWorks 3D experience is vital, AutoCAD experience is also helpful;
· Previous Industrial mechanical design experience is a plus, including design expertise in theory, operation and maintenance of mechanical equipment;
· Experience with mechanical design standards;
· Background in strength of materials and material selection, including welding procedure knowledge;
· Experience in Project Team Leadership or Project Management.
· Applicant must have strong communication skills with the ability to influence and resolve issues. Both written and verbal communication skills are essential, including the ability to develop positive relationships with internal plant customers.
· Well-organized and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Ability to set and achieve goals with minimum supervision.
· Proven solid teamwork, interpersonal, leadership and planning skills.
· Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality in dealings with outside contractors and equipment suppliers.
· Ability to communicate with French counterparts on technical issues is an additional asset, but not a requirement.
To apply for this job please visit www.careerbeacon.com.