Innovate to solve the world’s most important challenges
Energy Experience That Pays Off
Do you want to be a part of a company that is a leader in the energy industry? Our team strives to provide our customers with innovative energy solutions tailored to each client. Half of the entire Honeywell portfolio is linked directly to energy efficiency, and we have completed over 5,000 efficiency projects that are expected to deliver more than $5 billion in utility and operational savings around the globe. Honeywell Energy Services Group doesn’t just focus on a singular set of solutions, but rather, takes a comprehensive view of the entire facility to identify potential opportunities, discover issues and identify recommended improvements. We help our customers create an energy strategy that addresses financial obligations and provides scalability for the future.
We are currently seeking a Senior Energy Solutions Development Engineer Intern based in Markham, Ontario to cover the entire county. In this capacity you will engage in public sector projects (municipal facilities, schools, universities, airports, hospitals, etc.) and provide engineering support to sales teams. Use your extensive subject matter expertise to influence customers toward Honeywell solutions. You will provide both external and internal consultations and will help Honeywell teams develop and maintain the right product messaging, customer support, and training. You will foster cross-functional alignment to customer needs. You will participate in pursuit strategy planning, and customer negotiations.
Areas of job responsibility and associated skills:
• Perform Technical Audits and Solution Development – Ability to develop an investment grade audit of facilities. Provide a unique customer focused solution that meets the customer’s technical, social and financial requirements. Perform a financial analysis to demonstrate the viability of the technical solution. Must have demonstrated ability for speed and quality of technical solutions. Actively manage scope and cost of development.
• Technical Knowledge and Aptitude – Ability to apply technical knowledge in the development of a customer solution. The ability to develop new and unique offerings, or, combinations of offerings, to meet the customer’s needs.
•Communication and Proficiency with Sales – Ability to effectively communicate at all organizational levels to achieve sales goals. Ability to present complex technical ideas and concepts to non-technical audiences. High level of written communication skills to generate reports, slide presentations and proposals as required. Ability to understand the customer’s organizational culture, buying tendencies, and critical stakeholders.
•Solution Development Process Adherence – Ability to work with a diverse team and capacity to adopt new best practices and process enhancements. Ability to independently complete contract documents in accordance with standard Honeywell practices. Proficiency at generating the financial analysis and scopes of work. Ability to reuse pre-established best practices.
•Support Delivery Operations –Support Operational personnel with post contract Engineering, design document development, and project commissioning to drive faster project completion.
Up to 20% travel will be required.
• Uses Microsoft excel to develop detailed saving calculations for proposed solutions
• Creates comprehensive scope of work documents for use internally and externally under supervision of senior engineer or engineering manager
• Learns to develop and apply new concepts and techniques.
• Uses technical capability to analyze data and provide solutions for complex problems.
• Generates, evaluates, and selects unique solutions.
• Present technical sales briefings to customers.
• Engages in customer-facing activities
• Analyze growth opportunities
• Review proposal activities
• Coordinate engineering support of pursuits under supervision of senior engineer or engineering manager
• Provide data for sales support documents
YOU MUST HAVE
· Must be pursuing a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Mechanical Engineering with expected graduation date between December 2022 and June 2023.
· Due to contractual obligations must be a Canadian Citizen.
· Must have prior internship or Co-Op experience with HVAC or related field
· Must be willing to travel to different locations – must have own vehicle and valid driver’s license.
• Knowledge of programming such as Java, C++ or other
• Experience in technical writing and
• Experience with Microsoft Visio to generate detailed schematics.
• Some knowledge of Microsoft Project to create and manage complex projects.
• Desire to obtain a P.Eng. designation
• Experience with Microsoft PowerPoint to create presentations.
• Project Development experience: $1M – $20M project size
• Ability to develop and foster strong customer relationships
• Strong verbal and written communications skills
• Canadian citizenship.
To apply for this job please visit careers.honeywell.com.