Fluor is one of Canada’s top employers and recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost-effective technology-based solutions to address our client’s needs is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us achieve our goals.
Fluor team members are at the core of Fluor’s successes and instrumental in executing projects safely, smartly, and with the highest quality. If you value teamwork, empowerment in your career and are eager to champion Fluor’s project execution, this opportunity just may be for you.
Reporting to the Piping/Mechanical Field Engineering Lead, the successful candidate will be responsible for
providing administrative and technical knowledge/direction of mechanical and piping engineering early works functions.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Provides technical interpretation of design documents in support of construction managers, superintendents, and contractors; providing specific expertise for problem-solving.
• Provides technical input and/or generates requests for information, field change notifications, technical queries, technical deviations, and field-generated sketches and drawings, including redlines.
• Coordinates completion of construction activities in assigned systems and prepares punch lists to ensure the readiness of systems for release for turn-over to the client or for a start-up.
• Prepares work packages and other construction-related information in a timely manner as required to support the work schedule.
• Prepares scopes of work to support construction activities
• Monitors and inspects construction operations to ensure compliance with design documents.
• Controls distributes and files drawings, specifications, and other design documents.
• Maintains liaison with the design engineer to schedule and coordinate the release for construction of design documents in support of the construction schedule. Monitors subcontractor’s performance to ensure conformance to project quality, safety, security, and specification requirements.
• Maintains liaisons between the contractor and the design engineer.
• Evaluates change requests and interfaces with the contract administrator for the initiation and development of contract modifications.
• Investigates and resolves engineering and technical related problems
• Provides technical review or pressure test packages
• Other tasks as determined by the discipline lead and the Field Engineering Manager.
• Project site/field working conditions.
• On-site project workspace of various conditions which may include temporary office facilities and exposure to moving, mechanical parts and vibration; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and various levels of outside weather.
To be Considered Candidates:
Must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located.
Basic Job Requirements
• Successfully functioned as a piping/mechanical field engineer.
• Engineering degree and BC Professional Engineering accreditation required.
• Typically has 8-12 years of project and field experience.
• Successful candidate will have experience with static and rotating equipment, vessels, tanks, underground and above-ground piping construction.
• Working knowledge of ASME B31.1, ASME PCC-2, ASME / BPVC Section 9
• Previous experience with hydrotest package preparation, pre-walk down / walk down / reinstatement and also hydrotest package technical review.
Fluor Canada rewards hard work, knowledge and commitment. Fluor offers competitive employee compensation packages, comprehensive benefit programs including Health, Dental and Vision Care, flexible spending dollars, group registered retirement program, maternal top up, education reimbursement, employee and family assistance programs and much more.
While only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview, be sure to continually check our website for other related positions as they are posted.
What are you waiting for? We are looking forward to hearing from you today!
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.