Since 1992, Ciena has been driven by a relentless pursuit of network innovation. We believe in a network that grows smarter, more agile, and more responsive every day. This means that when you digitally interact in your world – picking up the phone, streaming video, texting a friend or loved one – your interactions are being enabled by Ciena technologies. Ciena makes your social / entertainment / business existence REAL.
This position will provide assistance with Mechanical Design, Documentation, and Database Management, and will provide excellent exposure to opto-electronics packaging design and documentation
Position will begin in January 2020. Please specify in your resume and/or cover letter how many months you are available for.
• Assist in ECO (database) release of new products
• Responsible for creation of piece part drawings and assemblies
• Mechanical parts and assembly design
• Design for manufacturability
• Prototype assembly and testing
• Special duties and projects as assigned by supervisor
• Database Management experience
• 3D design tool experience (PROE preferred)
• Thoroughness with all assigned activities
• Strong analytical and machine design skills
• Good communication skills
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Completed 2nd year mechanical engineering degree, (3rd preferred) for university applicants
1. The anticipated start date for the position is January 2020. To qualify as an intern or co-op student, you must be returning to school once the work-term is complete, or the work-term is the final requirement for graduation.
2. We will be screening your RESUME based on the following 3 components: Employment History (e.g. co-op or internship placements, summer jobs), GPA (and what it is out of, e.g. 3.2/4.0, 80/100, etc.); and Extracurricular/Volunteer activities.
3. Be sure to include your school information in the “Education Qualifications” field of your online profile.
Ciena is a network strategy and technology company with a passion to provide an experience, to you and our customers that is as rewarding as the outcome. We attract the best and brightest– those with outstanding talent, motivation, and the right attitude to contribute to our success. Our culture balances our openness and informality with professionalism and trust and is built on the foundation of our core values: Customer First, Integrity, Velocity, Innovation, and Outstanding People.
Ciena enables everyone to have a voice and a network that supports them while on the journey to discovering their passion and purpose. We trust each individual to do what they can to reach their full potential and make an impact on the business, whenever, wherever they are in the world. With Ciena’s highly innovative, forward-thinking business practices, we reward people for pushing the boundaries. Unlock your potential at Ciena!
Being You @ Ciena
As part of our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we want to foster an environment that values and respects all individual’s strengths, perspectives, ideas, and ability to meet the needs of our customers globally. Ciena values the diversity of its workforce and respects its employees as individuals, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status or any other category protected by applicable law. We do not tolerate any form of discrimination.
To apply for this job please visit ciena.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.