As a Senior Engineer – Mechanical Component, you will be responsible for:
· Perform evaluation, design, analysis, test, and/or integration of individual and team projects using sound engineering principles and adherence to business, industry and regulatory standards, practices, procedures, and product/program requirements.
· Provide technical leadership to personnel/cross functional teams supporting assigned project(s).
· Provide leadership/mentoring to junior/intermediate engineers and designers within mechanical engineering team.
· Perform engineering administrative tasks as required including creation and/or review/approval of test plans, reports and/or drawings.
· Manage tasks to meet technical requirements of assigned components, systems and/or project(s).
· Develop plans and resource estimates to complete project tasks or respond to product issues/problems.
· Lead and participate in technical and program design reviews.
· Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks for self and/or mechanical team members is consistent with engineering policies and procedures
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
· Minimum Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
· Registered P.Eng. with APEGA in good standing.
· Advanced technical skills including experience in CAD (3-D modelling and 2-D drafting), and Finite Element Analysis tools in a design & build environment.
· Demonstrated advanced problem-solving skills with respect to Applied Mechanics, Engineering Design, and Technology Development.
· Demonstrated design ability of complex equipment incorporating design for reliability, manufacturability, maintenance, and operability fundamentals; adhering to formalized product development processes and compliance with standards, codes, and regulations; and verification and validation of specifications and requirements.
· Demonstrated project management skills.
· Self-sufficient, self-motivated, and able to work within an interdisciplinary and/or virtual team.
· Ability to manage multiple project tasks and be flexible to changing priorities while meeting scope, budget, and schedule.
· Ability to lead/mentor a team of engineers and/or designers.
· Proficient with MS Office.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· 7-10 yrs experience minimum (preferably within Pipeline Inline Inspection sector).
· Masters Degree in Mechanical Engineering
· Practical experience in the above-mentioned area of expertise gathered during internships, thesis and/or professional experience.
· 3-5 yrs supervisory or management experience.
· Machine design experience with complex equipment.
· Experience with CREO, Solidworks, and Inventor.
· Experience with ANSYS Mechanical, Fluent, Motion.
· Experience with Windchill.
· Knowledge and application of global Codes and Standards applicable to the construction of inline inspection tools (ASME, CE, NACE, etc.).
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
· Starting early / finishing early
· Starting late / finishing late
· Working flexible hours – flexing the times you work in the day
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
· Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
· Comprehensive private medical care options
· Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
· Tailored financial programs
· Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we’re committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we’re always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!
About Us:With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we’re committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we’re always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Join Us:Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let’s come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.bakerhughes.com.